Homeward Bound Rescue only accepts brachycephalic (flat faced) breeds in to our rescue program. We do accept surrendered dogs but please read the following before contacting us to take your dog.
If you are considering surrendering your dog please read the surrender information below before completing the surrender form. One of our volunteers will be in contact with you. Please be patient as we do have a review process before we will be in touch.
- When space permits, we do accept owner surrenders provided the dog belongs to a breed that we specialize in. We do not accept dogs with extreme aggression issues.
- We are generally unable to accommodate last minute surrenders. If we believe we have an appropriate foster home for your dog, we will make arrangements to have your dog assessed prior to acceptance in to our foster program.
- Dogs in urgent situations come into care first priority – example: dogs being released from a puppy mill or a high kill shelter.
- When you surrender your dog to HBR you will be signing over ownership of your dog and will be required to provide all vet records.
- If you surrender your dog to us we would also appreciate any of the dog’s belongings so he feels safe and has familiar items in his new foster home: crate, bed, blankets, toys, dishes, food, etc…